Terms and Conditions

Introduction

Welcome to www.ImproveWise.com.  Please read these terms and conditions before using the site.  Please understand that the terms may include disclaimers and limitations of liability that may be applicable to you.  If you have any questions, please contact us at info@improvewise.com.

Our Services

At ImproveWise we strive to make purchasing your next next home improvement project a pain free experience.  Using our online portal and software platform, we eliminate the in-home sales process saving you time and money.  We work only with manufacturer certified contractors and provide you with access to a broad range of consumer reviews to help you make the right decision for your next project.

The quote you receive will be for roof replacement only.  This includes everything to get the job done: 

  • Removal of the old roof
  • Replacement of rotted decking (extra charge if applicable)
  • Three feethigh ice and water shield from eaves, rakes and ridges 
  • Synthetic underlayment
  • New shingles, starter strips at edges, ridge cap at ridges
  • Labor
  • Flashing on existing chimneys and skylights(if necessary) 
  • Three feethigh ice and water shield from eaves, rakes and ridges 
  • Dumpster and waste disposal

Use of Information

You acknowledge that the use of www.ImproveWise.com is for your personal use only (see privacy policy for details on use of customer information).  By using www.ImproveWise.com you agree to use the ImproveWise platform to contact potential home improvement contractors sent to you by ImproveWise.

Contracts and Payments

Home improvement contracts are signed between the customer and the home improvement contractor.  ImproveWise is not a signatory on this contact.

ImproveWise collects 15% of the contract price at the time of signing.  ImproveWise retains a “commission” and distributes the balance to the selected contractor the customer is responsible for making the remaining 85% payment to the contractor.

Changes and Other Work

Once the contract has been signed, the home improvement contractor may make a site visit to the home.  Should any changes to the original contract be identified (i.e. additional roofing work) a change order is initiated with ImproveWise and, if applicable, initial payment recalculated according to the Payment policy.

Should the customer and home improvement contractor identify work beyond the product scope of the original contract (i.e. gutter work), the customer and home improvement contractor may sign a separate contract without designating a payment to ImproveWise.

Cancellation Policy

Customer may cancel contract without penalty if done within (3) business days of the initial payment.  Should customer cancel contract after (3) business days and prior to the installation, the customer will forfeit the initial 15% payment.  Once the project is completed the remaining contract balance is payable in full.

Warranties

ImproveWise is not responsible for material or workmanship warranties.  Warranties are the sole responsibility of the home improvement contractor and the manufacturer.

Service Professional Screening, Ratings and Disclaimers

By partnering with manufacturing certified contractors, ImproveWise uses industry recognized sources to screen contractors for licensing, insurance and good standing.  In addition, ImproveWise uses it vetting procedures to help deliver a quality improvement project to its customers.  ImproveWise collects and disseminates 3rd party consumer review information to it customer to help them choose the home improvement contractor which best fits their needs.   ImproveWise is not responsible or liable for the validity or accuracy of these reviews. Despite the screening process, ImproveWise is not responsible for workmanship and materials provided by the home improvement contactor.

Indemnification

YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY IMPROVEWISE AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND ANY PARTNERS AND HOLD THEM EACH HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR DEMANDS, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF IMPROVEWISE’S SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH REGARD TO ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND A SERVICE PROFESSIONAL, OR YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR ARISING FROM YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.

Dispute Resolution

This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of Massachusetts.